Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Obligatory introductory post

Hi all!
My name is Arielle, and I'm not a big fan of the post-college life. I really like to write, but I can't find a way to get paid to do it and don't have a good forum where I can express my daily thoughts. For those reasons, I decided to start a blog so I can keep a diary that the world can read. I mean, who doesn't like to share their innermost thoughts with the 7 billion people on this earth? Since this is an introductory post and all, here are some things you should know about me:
  1. I am 22 years old and consider myself a writer. I have a degree in journalism, but I also dabble in creative writing.
  2. I have two older brothers: Ben and Mike. I love having older brothers except for when they act overprotective re: me having a boyfriend(s). 
  3. Since I have two older brothers, I was beaten up as a child. It's okay though because I fought back. Mike has scars on his arms from when I used to dig my nails into his skin.
  4. Ben once broke my arm when we were both little, but he was just as upset about it as I was, so I forgave him.
  5. I'm a huge hockey fan. I covered BU hockey for the last 2 1/2 years and have been going to BU hockey games since I was a baby. I also love the NHL, but it doesn't really exist right now, so there's that. It makes me sad.
  6. I have many favorite NHL teams. My favorite team is the Bruins, but the Penguins, Wild, Predators, Hurricanes, Blackhawks and Ducks also make my list.
  7. I'm not a fan of the Canadiens, Flyers and Canucks. 
  8. My first true love is the Boston Red Sox. They have broken my heart many times, brought me great joy many times, and are currently one of my biggest sources of frustration.
  9. I'm a sarcastic person. You're probably wondering if I'm being sarcastic right now. I probably am.
  10. I'm Jewish and I'm proud of that. I was a Judaic Studies minor in college, but I was kicked out of Hebrew School twice as a child. 
  11. I have bad stomach problems. I've had multiple stomach surgeries, but my digestive system still doesn't work. I'm not supposed to eat dairy, egg yolks, celery, broccoli, spicy food, fried food and anything that tastes delicious. The key word phrase there is "supposed to".
  12. I play the piano as a form of relaxation. I figure out pop music by ear. I hate playing classical music. I also hate counting. 
  13. I have ADD. 
  14. I tend to lose my attention doing projects like this, so you might see a bunch of posts from me at first and then nothing for six months. 
  15. I like even numbers and numbers ending in five, so I'm going to end this list here.
Now you know everything you ever wanted to know about me. Happy days!



No comments:

Post a Comment